Air bag light and other issues.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: pete_exe

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 92000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

I eventually got my non-runner running (2003 C3 1.4LX Desire ), by swapping faulty BSI and ECU with donor units and reprogramming the key (questions-about-a-petrol-powered-citroe ... -t919.html).

I'm now sorting out an array of fault codes including :
P1C01 Drivers airbag level 1 open circuit - air bag light on - I have tested resistance at airbag terminals (closed 0 ohms), 'clock spring' (closed 0 ohms) and underseat terminals look good. Code won't clear - An MOT stopper.
BSI permanent fault - no communication with alarm ECU - won't clear
BSI comm comm fault with ABS or ESP - cleared - there is no ABS/ESP so this must be donor legacy - cleared but dash warning light permanently on
BSI remote fault vehicle speed incorrect value - speedo doesn't work and haven't found the sensor yet
Injector: P0420 Cat ageing loss of efficiency
Temp P0603 - injector ECU
TEmp P1157 Motorised throttle signal track 2 open loop P2101?
UO0415 ABS/ESP reception coherence
Also radio aerial, power steering P0500, Remote P0501 vehicle speed signal not specified

I'm wondering if airbag warning light is to do with incorrect speed sensor. I read on forums that it's unusual for the airbag to fail, COM2000 or underseat connectors more likely - there are loads of YouTube videos of DIYers soldering up connections or bypassing seat belt pre tensioners etc.

Try this comical one

Grateful for any advice - I will upload lengthy faults file - but need to convert it from docx format. This trouble shooting is a good challenge , but i need to void garage fees and worried about frying the donor BSI Thanks Peter
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

pete_exe wrote:BSI permanent fault - no communication with alarm ECU - won't clear
Does the car have the alarm module? Not all of them do.

If the old BSI has it programmed in because it was in the donor, but doesn't appear in the recipient, you will get this sort of error.

pete_exe wrote:BSI comm comm fault with ABS or ESP - cleared - there is no ABS/ESP so this must be donor legacy - cleared but dash warning light permanently on
Same here, you need to go into lexia and set 'ESP' to 'NO' (or very similar).
pete_exe wrote:BSI remote fault vehicle speed incorrect value - speedo doesn't work and haven't found the sensor yet
There are 2 ways the C3 get the road speed, depending on spec level

ABS cars use the ABS signal for speedo and road speed.

Non ABS cars use a sensor in the gearbox.

If you have a mismatch between donor/recipient in the ABS department, you will get speedo and power steering issues due to the lack of 'correct' road speed signal.
pete_exe wrote:UO0415 ABS/ESP reception coherence
more of the BSI looking to see ESP ECU which is not present, change settings in lexia to reflect the true specification of the recipient car.
pete_exe wrote:power steering P0500, Remote P0501 vehicle speed signal not specified
more of the same...

If you get the config in the BSI right, your list will shrink to a manageable size ;)
My Name: Greencitroenc3hendon

Contributor
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 104000
Trim Level: Touch

My airbag light came on and I changed the com2000 unit and this was solved.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Greencitroenc3hendon wrote:My airbag light came on and I changed the com2000 unit and this was solved.
Thanks for that information Greencitroenc3hendon :)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)