Adding spare key

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: c3po03

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi
My garage has lost my spare key. I have lexia and the code from Citroen to code the key when prompted on lexia. Is it an easy process to add a key to the car. I have one working key. I also have a key with blade cut, old empty button case.
Can I get a key with remote and transponder change blade. Then recode both keys via lexia to car.
Any advice on this or the possible outcome.Dont want to recode keys fail and have no keys to the car.thank you
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi c3po03

c3po03 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm My garage has lost my spare key.
This makes the car insecure and you will need to remove this key from the programming to prevent remote unlocking and starting. Use lexia to do this.
c3po03 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm I have lexia and the code from Citroen to code the key when prompted on lexia
Great. That is a start. Without it you won't go anywhere other than a dealer, so it not all bad.
c3po03 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm Is it an easy process to add a key to the car.
Yes, very easy.
Lexia will walk you through the key process assuming you have all the correct parts.....
c3po03 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm Can I get a key with remote and transponder change blade. Then recode both keys via lexia to car.
You need a blade cut,

a PCF7836AS chip for the immobiliser (cheap from here)

and a new remote board (a virgin, unprogrammed board) for the remote lock/unlock. - You can't get these cheaply :(

c3po03 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm Dont want to recode keys fail and have no keys to the car.
You won't manage to do that, the working key will program ok in lexia each time.

You may just end up with a cut blade and a immobiliser chip which is OK, but the alarm goes off when you manually unlock and before the ignition is turned :oops: :D :D

There is a topic about the early key fob here - Early C3 transponder key fob parts (plip) fix.
My Name: c3po03

Top Contributor
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 40000
Trim Level: Touch

Hi guru

This is great information,and gives me more confidence to move forward to get a working spare key. I used to ask my dad these questions, but he's no longer with us so I do appreciate the great advice on this.

Hope you have a great 2019. Matt