Adding front fog lamps

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: c3_ranger

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Quick update.
Finally got around to fitting the fog lights today. The live to each light can be found in the centre brown multi plug pins 13 and 24.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

c3_ranger wrote:Quick update.
Finally got around to fitting the fog lights today. The live to each light can be found in the centre brown multi plug pins 13 and 24.
Hi c3_ranger, thank you for the update and information.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: FarmerR

Contributor
Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2014 (64)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 1400
Trim Level: Stop & Start
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)

Hello! I'm looking to add some extra beams. 2 or 3 LED beams or a bar under the license plate to boost the headlights for the winter. As I live in the forest and most driving is out on the countryside. My C3 is a 2014 eHdi. I see there's a free slot on the battery to connect the lights via a fuse and relay. Now for controlling the relay I need to either jump the high beam cable or find a already fitted aux connector. Back of the right side headlight (driver side for UK cars)there's two cables ending in a connecting box. Could this be something to be used? I haven't checked it yet. Just want to see how (or if) any of you have solved it? Also I hope this won't wreak havoc with the cars on board computer?
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

FarmerR wrote:Hello! I'm looking to add some extra beams. 2 or 3 LED beams or a bar under the license plate to boost the headlights for the winter. As I live in the forest and most driving is out on the countryside. My C3 is a 2014 eHdi. I see there's a free slot on the battery to connect the lights via a fuse and relay. Now for controlling the relay I need to either jump the high beam cable or find a already fitted aux connector. Back of the right side headlight (driver side for UK cars)there's two cables ending in a connecting box. Could this be something to be used? I haven't checked it yet. Just want to see how (or if) any of you have solved it? Also I hope this won't wreak havoc with the cars on board computer?
You could just run a relay off the main beam and run power to your new lights from the battery via a fuse.

This way you won't need to interface with the C3 computer and much less likely to cause any damage to sensitive electricals.

Your extra lights will come on with the main beam, which is the only time you can use any powerful driving lights.