Adding front fog lamps

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: Missing Lincs

Moderator
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 pm
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Post

The kit is Citroen manufacture however it came from a 'new old stock dealer' not direct from a Citroen dealership, they wanted rather too much cash to make it worthwhile for what is really cosmetic reasons.

Anyway, the install is now complete and the front fogs are working. I think they make the front of the car look complete. All relays and fuses where already in place, the harness connects straight into the fuse box under the bonnet - that's quite interesting to get at, don't fancy trying to change a fuse in a hurry on the side of the road on a dark night :shock:

Just one small final question, when switching the fog lights on, the front come on first and then on the second click of the switch the rear fogs come on. Most other cars I've come across that use a combined switch put the rears on first. Is this normal with C3s?

Almost forgot to mention, the tell-tale on the dash for front fogs lights up now :D
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
User avatar
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Posts: 2708
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 am
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Post

Thank you for the update Missing Lincs, its always good to get an update. :D
Rotate the switch away from you to switch on the front fog lights, it springs back to its home position,
then rotate it again to switch on the rear fog lights, it springs back to its home position,
to switch off the rear fog lights rotate the switch in the opposite direction (towards you), allow it to return home then
rotate the switch in the opposite direction (towards you) again to switch off the front fog lights.
this was from : https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-q ... s-t88.html which seems to confirm that its front, then rear as yours do.
My Name: Missing Lincs

Moderator
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 pm
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Post

Thanks for the confirmation. At least now I know it nothing I've done wrong and that's what's supposed to happen.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:
My Name: c3_ranger

Contributor
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 pm
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Post

Hi All,

Does anybody know where to connect the fogs up on a 2006 C3. Read through this post but I think it is referring to an earlier model than mine as there is no green 16 way multi connector in the engine bay fuse box. My multi connectors are coloured black, brown and grey.
User avatar
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Posts: 2708
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 am
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Post

c3_ranger wrote:Hi All,

Does anybody know where to connect the fogs up on a 2006 C3. Read through this post but I think it is referring to an earlier model than mine as there is no green 16 way multi connector in the engine bay fuse box. My multi connectors are coloured black, brown and grey.
Hi c3_ranger, are you fitting Citroen kit, using the existing stalk and making changes to the BSI software to enable them?

Or are you going to just do your own generic circuit and generic switch with a 12v relay?
My Name: c3_ranger

Contributor
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 pm
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Post

C3CAR wrote:
c3_ranger wrote:Hi All,

Does anybody know where to connect the fogs up on a 2006 C3. Read through this post but I think it is referring to an earlier model than mine as there is no green 16 way multi connector in the engine bay fuse box. My multi connectors are coloured black, brown and grey.
Hi c3_ranger, are you fitting Citroen kit, using the existing stalk and making changes to the BSI software to enable them?

Or are you going to just do your own generic circuit and generic switch with a 12v relay?
Hi C3CAR, I'm trying to use the existing stalk, have enabled it in the BSI. Its not a Citroen kit as such but they are original lights. Just wondered whereabouts in the engine bay I needed to look to connect them up.
User avatar
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Posts: 2708
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 am
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Post

c3_ranger wrote:Hi C3CAR, I'm trying to use the existing stalk, have enabled it in the BSI. Its not a Citroen kit as such but they are original lights. Just wondered whereabouts in the engine bay I needed to look to connect them up.
I guess you have looked for any existing wiring behind the front bumper.

If I have any information regarding the newer BSM wiring I will add it here for you.

Can you tell me from your actual BSM (engine bay fuse box) the 'B' number - BSM Bx. Its on a sticker somewhere.

But if there is no information it may just be a case of metering each wire in the plugs on the BSM for 12v to earth while a second person switches the front fogs on/of from inside the car. The pin that follows the on/off of the switch with 12v/0v/12v/0v will be the wire you need :)
My Name: c3_ranger

Contributor
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 pm
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Post

C3CAR wrote: I guess you have looked for any existing wiring behind the front bumper.

If I have any information regarding the newer BSM wiring I will add it here for you.

Can you tell me from your actual BSM (engine bay fuse box) the 'B' number - BSM Bx. Its on a sticker somewhere.

But if there is no information it may just be a case of metering each wire in the plugs on the BSM for 12v to earth while a second person switches the front fogs on/of from inside the car. The pin that follows the on/off of the switch with 12v/0v/12v/0v will be the wire you need :)
No existing wiring unfortunately :(

Just been and had a look for evidence of a sticker, I can see one but it's underneath and can only see the last digits :twisted: see pics.
Engine Bay Fuse Box
Engine Bay Fuse Box
Label
Label
Will have a go at metering the terminals but will have to wait until the other half is available and the little one asleep.
Thanks for your time.
User avatar
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Posts: 2708
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 am
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Post

Image
Its probably at the far end, but looks like a BSM R05. I don't think there is a fuse for a fogs on that one, which is a shame in some respects.
c3_ranger wrote:Will have a go at metering the terminals but will have to wait until the other half is available and the little one asleep.
If you take a sewing pin you can pierce the insulation with a tiny hole and meter off the pin. It will leave some very tiny pin prick hole but won't do any damage. This can be the quickest way. But if there any missing wires on the plugs you may be better off disconnecting the plugs and putting the meter straight on the board to check those first?..

I couldn't find any information on the fog light wire on the later BSM R05 / BSM B5 and no fuse didn't help :cry:


You know its going to be the last one you try ;)
My Name: c3_ranger

Contributor
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 pm
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Post

C3CAR wrote: Its probably at the far end, but looks like a BSM R05. I don't think there is a fuse for a fogs on that one, which is a shame in some respects.
Managed to find the BSM label today but not tried any metering as yet.
Label?
Label?
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post