A WARRING TYPE SOUND FROM DASH ?

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: edd48

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 60000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No

HI, IAM NEW TO THIS I HAVE A C3 16 PETROL EXCLUSIVE 2004 REG THE CAR DOES DRIVE GREAT WITH NO NONE PROPLEMS JUST A WEEK AGO WHEN YOU PULL AWAY FROM STANDSTILL I GET THREE PEEP SOUND FROM THE DASH LIKE THE SOUND IF YOU DRIVE OF WITH THE HAND BRAKE NOT FULLY OFWHEN YOU DRIVE OF THE ONLY THING THAT HAPPEND TWO WEEKS AGO THE HANDBRAKE LIGHT CAME ON SORTED THAT OUT TOPPED UP WITH BRAKE FLUID BUT DRIVES GREAT NO WORNING LIGHTS ON ENY IDEAR TO THIS ITS JUST ANNOYING THANKS EDD48
My Name: Missing Lincs

Engine Size: 1.1
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Hi edd48, and a Happy New Year to you and the rest of the forum.

If I read your post correctly, the car is new to you, is that correct?

The first thing I'd do is check that all the warning lights work, turn the ignition on but don't start the car - do all the warning lights on the dash come on?

Not that I'm suspicious but sellers have been known to remove bulbs or blank them off to prevent you seeing a light that shouldn't be on.

If you haven't already checked the oil level, make sure that is OK. I can't remember if the washer fluid level is monitored but check it anyway.

If all is OK I'd then check the condition of the battery, if you don't have the required equipment, many of the high street tyre and battery sellers will offer a free check.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol:

hi, happy new year I have had the car 4 years now all the warning do what they should do the battery is 1 year old and starts the car easy it gives three pleeps every time you stop and pull away also in reverse I changed the rear brake pads two days latter the handbrake light stayed on topped up with brake fluid the light goes out ok I did not top it up dead on in the master cylinder so the light came on brakes fine now all the warning sound came on days after idid brakes ? it seems the car is doing everything it should I am stuck on this thanks edd48
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

The beeps are a general audible warning to bring your attention to a visual indicator (usually).

Check there are no messages on the display above the radio or on the dash display.
Missing Lincs wrote:Not that I'm suspicious but sellers have been known to remove bulbs or blank them off to prevent you seeing a light that shouldn't be on.
A very good point, well worth checking for.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

hi, I have checked every thing and all lights the dash lights all do what they should do electric widows auto box electric all ok still have the peep noise do you think I should I reset the bsi to se if this will help get rid of the peep edd
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000

should I reset the bsi to se if this will help get rid of the peep
Its got to be worth a try.

Other than that you will need to get it connected to Lexia not OBD, to see what's giving you problems.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Greencitroenc3hendon

Contributor
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 104000
Trim Level: Touch

Arfur Dent wrote:
should I reset the bsi to se if this will help get rid of the peep
Its got to be worth a try.

Other than that you will need to get it connected to Lexia not OBD, to see what's giving you problems.
Hi everyone, as you know from my previous posting, I am having problem with my temperature lights going up and down. Now, you please explain how I can disable the beep? What does it mean by reset the bsi to se? Also, where does the sound actually comes from? May I reduce the volume of the beep by putting some sound proofing material?

Thanks!
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 140000

Greencitroenc3hendon wrote:What does it mean by reset the bsi to se?
I can help you with this bit:
https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... 3-t69.html
My Name: alsie2

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2008 (08)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Mileage: 37
Trim Level: Cachet

You havnt said if you are getting any messages on your dash, this should lead to the problem.Many members complain about this as all lights seem to be working, but a faulty connection can lead to the dreaded beeps.
My Name: Mark Pearce 1957

Year: 2004 (54)
Mileage: 56000
Trim Level: VTR+

I had this happen to me once ,turned out to be the bonnet not shut properly.