A/C is ON once I start the engine and I can't shut it down

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: jamie2cook

Model: Other
Year: 2015 (65)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: EB2F PureTech 3-Cylinder (82 PS)

Hello all,

I'm new here and kinda desperate, it's not a major issue, but it will become due to the discomfort it is causing me and everyone who has to bear a trip in my car.

This morning I started the engine and the A/C just went ON, full blast, I looked at the digital panel that controls it and it was not on, so I turned it on and off to see if it solved the issue, it didnt', then due to being already late I just shut off all the air conditioning holes to not have air being blown at our faces, but it kept working and sending air to the front...

Once home I stopped the car and came to search for possible solutions, found none... Later on I went out for some reason and thought I could go start the engine to see if the problem persisted and it does.

Do you know how to solve this? Is there a way of solving it without going to a repair shop?

Thank you,
Jamie
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi

That's annoying.

I would guess your control panel is faulty.

Have you tried disconnecting the car battery for 30 minutes to see if it will reinitialise.

Your short term fix may be by pulling a fuse for the blower while you investigate

2015 fuse boxes here F17 blower.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: jamie2cook

Model: Other
Year: 2015 (65)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: NA
LHD or RHD: LHD (Europe)
Engine name: EB2F PureTech 3-Cylinder (82 PS)

It’s sorted… it costed 150€ to solve it, since it was the electronic module that went bad and my electrician had to buy the piece from Citroen…