2011 vtr+ wipers stopped working.

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: pricey2k9

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (61)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 82000
Trim Level: Vibe
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum so this is my first thread and i'm looking for a little help regarding my wipers suddenly failing to work.

The front and rear washers still operate and so does the rear wiper but the front wipers only work when they want to.

They will work now and again when they are put on the continuous setting but returning the stalk back to the intermittent setting causes them to stop working again.

If I move the stalk up and down nothing happens, then after a few minutes they will suddenly start to work again.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Could it be the stalk that is faulty?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum pricey2k9
Could it be the stalk that is faulty?
Yes, its sounds very much like the stalk - also known as the com2000 unit.

You can find out about the
com2000 units in this forum post

New com2000 units are very expensive, but lots appear on ebay, just pick a matching one. Have a look at Citroen COM2000 units on eBay
My Name: pricey2k9

Model: C3 2009-2013, New shape (A51)
Year: 2011 (61)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 82000
Trim Level: Vibe

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Is there anything else it could be as i'm concerned about buying a com2000 and still having the problem.

I'm having doubts about it being the com2000 as the wipers will work for a while until either I stop the car
or move the stalk to the off position where they will then fail to operate for a short while but will then start working again minutes later.

I'm thinking if the stalk is at fault then the wipers wouldn't work at all or am I missing something.

Has anybody tried the bsi reset procedure as I want to try it but I don't want to make things any worse.

Any more help would be much appreciated as I don't have much of a clue when it comes to electrics and citroen want an arm and a leg just to look at it.

Thanks in advance.
My Name: tomasa

Top Contributor
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 120000
Trim Level: VTR+
DPF: Yes

That's why all people i know sais: Fransh cars are CRAP. They are right. Stupid fransh manufacturers in 7 years can't fix god damn bug :)
Mine too... wipers only works on max speed... fixing it cost 1/10th of car's price.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

pricey2k9 wrote:Any more help would be much appreciated as I don't have much of a clue when it comes to electrics and citroen want an arm and a leg just to look at it.
You could check the mechanical parts, the linkage and the motor. But with the car being only a few years old, had you thought about contacting citroen HQ - not the local dealer?

pricey2k9 wrote:Has anybody tried the bsi reset procedure as I want to try it but I don't want to make things any worse.
I don't see why the BSI would give the symptoms you describe, but yes, have a go at resetting it, follow the instructions, you can't make anything worse. :)
My Name: tomasa

Top Contributor
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 120000
DPF: Yes

If you will read my happy story here you will see that for french cars - everything is possible (which looks not logic) :D