2010 Key required

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: jamsie

Contributor

Where can I get a genuine key for C3 2010 5 door without paying exhorbinant prices
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the citroen c3 forum jamsie

jamsie wrote:Where can I get a genuine key for C3 2010 5 door without paying exorbitant prices

Ah, problem is, its not just a key...

There is a transmitter/transponder in the key fob and the key needs programming to the cars computer.

What did Citroen quote for the work?

If you lost a key, maybe your insurance company would pay toward the cost? You will need the 'lost' key to be removed from the computer if the key is lost.

If you have the key, but its broken, you could try getting the parts here: Citroen C3 Keyfob parts (ebay)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: jamsie

Contributor

I have 2 keys/ one with transponder and would like another which has transponder also. The key has buttons for open and close.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

would like another which has transponder also.
I think your only choice would be citroen for the new key as you need all the parts and programming of the car computer to accept signals from the new key.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Missing Lincs

Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.1
Fuel Type: Petrol
Trim Level: Desire
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

The transponder inside the key can be 'cloaned' by an auto locksmith, however this won't solve the programming of the remote part of the keyfob (lock - unlock).

Anyone with the correct equipment can programme a new key to the car, it doesn't have to be a Citroen dealer, but you need a genuine key to start with. I tried one off ebay, I was able to programme the key to the car but the remote didn't work. The car 'learns' the remote because the data about it is pre-written into the transponder chip. Cloaning the transponder won't overcome this as it will transfer data from the key that is being cloaned, not the new key. I used the blade from the ebay key, which was genuine in that it was a Valeo key as Citroen supply and bought a new 'fob' part from Citroen. Blade into new fob, quick programme, all current keys need to be re-programmed as part of the process, quick re-sync and everything worked fine.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence and pretend you never tried :lol: