2007 Brake light fuse

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: meandmyC3

Hi

I have just bought a C3 Cool 2007, and neither brake light is working, I have checked and both bulbs are fine. I am now wondering if it's the fuse or the brake switch.

Unfortunately, neither the manual or the diagrams on the forum seem to tell me which fuse is for the brake lights.

As you know getting to the fuse under the bonnet is a bit of a job, so I was hoping for a clue before I began work.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Welcome to the forum meandmyC3

My advice would be to check all the fuses in the BSI but pay particular attention to fuses F1, F13 and F7 as shown in the picture in the link below

citroen-c3-tips/2007-to-2010-facelift-g ... -t153.html

Please report back if any of the fuses are blown and if so, which one and what colour it was.

You may need to look very hard for the fuse box in the glove box, its quite well hidden.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: meandmyC3

Thanks for the advice. I checked all fuses which were intact, and never did work out which was the brake light fuse.

Turned out the problem was a faulty brake light switched. Citroen dealer wanted £34 for a replacement (including a new wiring loom I didn't need) local parts shop charged under £8 try Amazon, here.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

never did work out which was the brake light fuse
Thanks for looking anyway, and thanks for the update!

There are the Brake Light Switch - on eBay for a cheaper than dealer price.

Some models have 2 switches or different switches (like the automatic), so compare yours to the pictures CLICK HERE (eBay) to be sure you are getting the right part(s).

Citroen C3 brake light switch
Citroen_C3_Brake_light_switch_v2.jpg (9.51 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
Citroen_C3_Brake_light_switch.jpg (10.79 KiB) Viewed 1076 times

The 2 different brake switches (brake light switch, brake pedal ECU signal) for the C3, available on Amazon, check them out here and match them with the one you have.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)