1.4 clutch fork loose

Questions not related to the fuel type, like Manual Gearbox, Body Work, Lights, Interior trim and Seats, Steering, Brakes, Beeping, Wheels and Tyres to be asked in this topic only.

Audio has its own section - see further down the page.

Please provide as much information as you think may be relevant like recent work on the car and you can attach photographs directly to your topic using the form below the text box.
Forum rules
One question per topic.
No Engine questions
Think: Manual Gearbox, Seats, Bodywork, Lighting, Interior, A/C, Heater, Wheels, Steering, Brakes, Tyres and Suspension
My Name: jonn

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi ,

Sadly my little C3 desire clutch went Sat , well that's what I thought on further investigation it looked like slave cylinder (leaking through the bellows ) after going through the fitting of a new one I then discovered the clutch fork floating loose :-(( has anyone come across this before?? I assume this is gearbox out and further investigations or a second hand box ? any information tips gratefully received

the car is a 2004 1.4 desire 5 speed petrol

Many thanks

Jon
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum
jonn wrote: Sadly my little C3 desire clutch went Sat , well that's what I thought on further investigation it looked like slave cylinder (leaking through the bellows ) after going through the fitting of a new one I then discovered the clutch fork floating loose :-(( has anyone come across this before?? I assume this is gearbox out and further investigations or a second hand box ? any information tips gratefully received
I haven't had the clutch out of mine or heard of that problem, sorry. Here is a picture of the clutch and fork components which shows no.4 as a CLUTCH FORK BALL-JOINT. Maybe this or the socket has become worn?
Citroen C3 Clutch.
Citroen C3 Clutch.
The Clutch kit of Fritcion plate, pressure plate and bearing are available from euro car parts, the clutch fork is available here on ebay and the ball joint is here also on ebay, usually.

and a picture of the Clutch Fork for a Citroen C3
Citroen C3 Clutch Fork
Citroen C3 Clutch Fork
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)