update-changing the solenoids on "03"

If you have Automatic gearbox problems or issues that would only affect an Auto, please ask here.

Please provide as much information as possible including photos you have taken and uploaded directly to the topic.
Forum rules
One question per topic about an Auto or semi-auto gearbox can be posted in this section
No engine questions
Think: Auto not changing up or down, snowflake/sport flashing, flappy paddles, actuator fault and sensodrive not changing gear.
My Name: deanno

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 25000
Trim Level: Touch
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Car is an 03 plate and had white valves. changed these for new black ones, which required a software update. But the car ran perfectly without me updating the ECU. So today hooked it up to Lexia, mainly to change the oil counter reading. While it was on the computer, thought i would check the ECU's and see what version they were on and what update was available. So i just updated the engine ecu as the gearbox ecu was up to date, this was using Lexia3 version 47. The oil reading i reset to zero as i drained all the oil from the sump, the original reading was only 11000. Cleared all the gearbox faults and will check this again in a weeks time, hopefully no more faults will show.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

deanno wrote:Car is an 03 plate and had white valves. changed these for new black ones, which required a software update. But the car ran perfectly without me updating the ECU. So today hooked it up to Lexia, mainly to change the oil counter reading. While it was on the computer, thought i would check the ECU's and see what version they were on and what update was available. So i just updated the engine ecu as the gearbox ecu was up to date, this was using Lexia3 version 47. The oil reading i reset to zero as i drained all the oil from the sump, the original reading was only 11000. Cleared all the gearbox faults and will check this again in a weeks time, hopefully no more faults will show.
Thank you, a long term test of the new valves and Lexia reads would be interesting.

I would imagine you had the updated software but running the old valves which explains why the car is working well ;)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)