Snowflake and actuator

If you have Automatic gearbox problems or issues that would only affect an Auto, please ask here.

Please provide as much information as possible including photos you have taken and uploaded directly to the topic.
Forum rules
One question per topic about an Auto or semi-auto gearbox can be posted in this section
No engine questions
Think: Auto not changing up or down, snowflake/sport flashing, flappy paddles, actuator fault and sensodrive not changing gear.
My Name: julianmerak

Top Contributor
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2005 (05)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi,
I had my Pluriel misbehave the other weekend. Three beeps and the snowflake of doom appeared and the car wouldn’t start. Then it did restart but broke down with the same symptoms. I reset everything on a C3 that I would find and after 6 hours we made it back home. I have since slid back the rubber boot on the actuator and sprayed firstly WD40 into the actuator and followed this after a whole weekend with lithium grease. Now the car shifts better than ever and it’s yet to break down and show me the snowflake again. Now I realise that I would be the luckiest guy in the world if this really fixes the problem but thought i’d Share just in case anyone was experiencing the same issues. My actuator was noisy shifting gears before and is noticeably quieter afterwards. Perhaps it was just sticking in or out of gear. I will let you know whether the car behaves over the next few weeks

Julian
My Name: zebedee2001

Experienced Member
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2009 (59)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 130000
Trim Level: Airdream+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 diesel (70 PS)

Did that on wife#s car when it was noisy & wouldn't shift properly. Seemed to fix it! I did use spray grease though!

Top Contributor

A few comments on a post on YouTube also suggesting that this might work in some situations, worth trying if you are having problems with the gearbox or snowflake [ since it will cost less than $10 ]
Attachments
actuator.jpg

Top Contributor

Just an update on the car, its still working perfectly with no return of the snowflake since I sprayed the lithium grease inside the actuator

Julian
My Name: Stanleysteamer

Experienced Member
Year: 2004 (54)
Mileage: 50000
Engine name: TU5 16-valve (110 PS)

I did this for ages, and it seemed to work for ages, but last year the whole thing just gave up the ghost so in the end we had to change the CLUTCH. Yes, i know why on earth would that wear out in a semi-auto car? Anyway, I saw the old clutch plate and it was worn down to the rivets on one side at least.
New clutch in last summer, driven it for a year now, snowflake has gone away.
Was not cheap!! €900!
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Stanleysteamer wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 pm Yes, i know why on earth would that wear out in a semi-auto car? Anyway, I saw the old clutch plate and it was worn down to the rivets on one side at least.
The Sensodrive gearbox is just the same as any other manual gearbox except the work of changing gears and operating the clutch is done by actuators. So the clutch will wear out just the same.