sensodrive "gearbox failure" message.

If you have Automatic gearbox problems or issues that would only affect an Auto, please ask here.

Please provide as much information as possible including photos you have taken and uploaded directly to the topic.
Forum rules
One question per topic about an Auto or semi-auto gearbox can be posted in this section
No engine questions
Think: Auto not changing up or down, snowflake/sport flashing, flappy paddles, actuator fault and sensodrive not changing gear.
My Name: ghazi

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.6
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: NA
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: LHD

Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I have a problem with my c3.
The problem started when suddenly, the car gearbox started disconnecting while driving (when I press the pedal the engine revs, but the car doesn't move). On the middle screen, I get a "gearbox failure" note.
When this problem faced me, I sent the car to a garage. The mechanic told me there was a problem with the actuator, and went on to change it.
While the problem stopped happening frequently, it is still happening to this day. It specifically happens when the car shifts from the first to the second gear, or from the second to the first one. The disconnecting happens while driving in heavy traffic, especially when the traffic is uphills.
If anybody knows what the problem might be, or what the solution is, please let me know ASAP.
I really like how the car drives, and it would be a shame if I had to sell it.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

ghazi wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:26 pm Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I have a problem with my c3.
The problem started when suddenly, the car gearbox started disconnecting while driving (when I press the pedal the engine revs, but the car doesn't move). On the middle screen, I get a "gearbox failure" note.
When this problem faced me, I sent the car to a garage. The mechanic told me there was a problem with the actuator, and went on to change it.
While the problem stopped happening frequently, it is still happening to this day. It specifically happens when the car shifts from the first to the second gear, or from the second to the first one. The disconnecting happens while driving in heavy traffic, especially when the traffic is uphills.
If anybody knows what the problem might be, or what the solution is, please let me know ASAP.
I really like how the car drives, and it would be a shame if I had to sell it.
If you have a sesordive actuator fault on a 100K mileage. You should change the faulty part and the clutch plate and the pressure plate with it's release bearing. At the mileage that the actuator has failed it is easier to set it up with all new parts (that were due for a change before long anyway).