Non starter and whats that relay?

If you have Automatic gearbox problems or issues that would only affect an Auto, please ask here.

Please provide as much information as possible including photos you have taken and uploaded directly to the topic.
Forum rules
One question per topic about an Auto or semi-auto gearbox can be posted in this section
No engine questions
Think: Auto not changing up or down, snowflake/sport flashing, flappy paddles, actuator fault and sensodrive not changing gear.
My Name: deano76

Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 76000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi all! I have a non starter c3 sensodrive and wondered a couple of things I cant find on here if anyone could possibly give me the benefit of their knowledge?

Starter motor solenoid comes up a lot. I have connected a wire to the starter motor and can start the car by having the ingnition on and connecting directly to the battery positive. Doeds this rule out the solenoid?

Also, is the large relay under the bonnet attached to the passenger side suspension turret just to the right of the brake fluid resevoir the abs relay? if not, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have done all the resets, gearbox and ecu, checked all the fuses and replaced with new ones as a matter of course. The brake light comes on when you depress the brake - but I suppose this still doesn't rule out failed brake switch?

All this because the sensodrive insists on displaying "-" and refuses to start on the key!

Grrrrr.

Thanks in advance guys!
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

deano76 wrote:All this because the sensodrive insists on displaying "-" and refuses to start on the key!
Sensodrive ECU detected an error, you need to read the error code in the sensodrive ECU and any others in the BSI using the diagbox hardware.

diagbox or lexia information post: https://citroenc3owners.com/citroen-c3-t ... -t655.html
My Name: deano76

Contributor
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 76000
Gearbox: SensoDrive

Lexia arrived! Put it on car and got the following info -

P1702 power latch
clutch slipping
P1766 gear lever signal fault
P1717 gear lever signal fault
SSD inductive signature malfunction
TRS intermittent fault

Tested actuators and results came back ok. Happy in changing clutch and gear lever but the power latch thing has me confuddled! Or is all this a red herring and the gearbox ecu is at fault?
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

deano76 wrote:Lexia arrived! Put it on car and got the following info -

P1702 power latch
clutch slipping
SSD inductive signature malfunction
TRS intermittent fault

Tested actuators and results came back ok. Happy in changing clutch and gear lever but the power latch thing has me confuddled! Or is all this a red herring and the gearbox ecu is at fault?
Lexia can give you a description for the error code and also can advise you how to further investigate the fault.

Check what lexia has for the description and any further diagnosis.

If you want to share the results as screen shots, lexia can take screen shots or use windows 'ALT+Prt Sc' function to save a lot of typing or poor images from a smartphone.
These seem indicate a poor connection or a bad gear selector, check for a poor connection on the plugs/sockets first. But the lexia description will give more useful information.