Looking for an Al4 Part.

If you have Automatic gearbox problems or issues that would only affect an Auto, please ask here.

Please provide as much information as possible including photos you have taken and uploaded directly to the topic.
Forum rules
One question per topic about an Auto or semi-auto gearbox can be posted in this section
No engine questions
Think: Auto not changing up or down, snowflake/sport flashing, flappy paddles, actuator fault and sensodrive not changing gear.
My Name: Baldseas-54

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2006 (06)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 141200
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD

I need to find a Stepped bolt which holds the Selector spring in place in the hydraulic block .. here in Australia I've had no luck at all, I've included a pic. hoping someone can supply a new or second hand one .. happy to pay for the item plus postage. or any advice, thanks in advance.
2021-06-16 13.36.36.jpg
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

G'day mate! How's it hanging? LOL! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

No joy with those pr^%k$ at Citroen? "Aw mate...mate...thats not on the computer. We've got to put in a batch request to main office to put it on the computer. Then, when it's ready, Australia has to put in a minimum order...Blah, Blah, blah...please go away". Then, if it turns up, they have gouged the crap out of the price because the franchisee needs a new ivory back scratcher!! Errr...Anyhow...
You can also try your local Peugeot dealer.
You could also try the Aussiefrogs site, but I have found if you don't own a 1935 Traction Avant, or any C5, you are sh out of luck! You will also get smart a's who will answer your post a week later and say; you should have bought a C5. :lol:

You could try PMing Arfur Dent, here, with your VIN and see if he can get you the PSA part number. You can then contact Desira parts in the UK. I have gotten parts from Gary Secker the parts manager there and he has been VERY helpful. They only charge the actual postage but that's still expensive. However, even with the high cost of post, the overall cost of parts is a fraction of what you will pay here and you can get the parts!!!

Contributor

Thanks Mate, once again, a good old Aussie trait ... helping his fellow man (even Citroen owners!) in times of need, I'll try your suggestions and see how we go. Cheers.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Citroen diagrams don't break down the AL4 very much and don't show that screw as a part number.

Even the AL4 repairers show the screw but don't part number it.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Thanks so much Arfur Dent for your input.