Citroen C3 XTR 04 - Auto gearbox probs

If you have Automatic gearbox problems or issues that would only affect an Auto, please ask here.

Please provide as much information as possible including photos you have taken and uploaded directly to the topic.
Forum rules
One question per topic about an Auto or semi-auto gearbox can be posted in this section
No engine questions
Think: Auto not changing up or down, snowflake/sport flashing, flappy paddles, actuator fault and sensodrive not changing gear.
My Name: seaniselectric

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2004 (04)
Engine Size: 1.4
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 44000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: SensoDrive
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU5 16-valve (110 PS)

Hi guys

I have a Citroen C3 XTR with automatic gear box that has the flappy paddles.

I can start the car in neutral and it revs but if you put it in gear it goes straight to second and doesn't rev.

Any ideas on what this could be and how expensive the repair could cost? One mechanic just said the car was probably scrap at would give me less than a £100 for it!?

The car is a C3 XTR, 5 door, 04 plate but only has 44,000 miles on it!
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

seaniselectric wrote:Hi guys

I have a Citroen C3 XTR with automatic gear box that has the flappy paddles.

I can start the car in neutral and it revs but if you put it in gear it goes straight to second and doesn't rev.

Any ideas on what this could be and how expensive the repair could cost? One mechanic just said the car was probably scrap at would give me less than a £100 for it!?

The car is a C3 XTR, 5 door, 04 plate but only has 44,000 miles on it!
All the sensodrive faults are expensive, clutches, clutch solenoids, gear selector actuators are all expensive. If its a wiring problem the costs come from labour if you have 2 faults it not going to be worth it, one may even write it off as uneconomical to repair.

Scrap, quite probably. But if you wanted to see the errors reported by the car, connect up one of these Lexia clones for a full diagnostic on the gearbox.

The lexia topic is here and gives information about suitable laptops.