Button on Automatic gearshift surround

If you have Automatic gearbox problems or issues that would only affect an Auto, please ask here.

Please provide as much information as possible including photos you have taken and uploaded directly to the topic.
Forum rules
One question per topic about an Auto or semi-auto gearbox can be posted in this section
No engine questions
Think: Auto not changing up or down, snowflake/sport flashing, flappy paddles, actuator fault and sensodrive not changing gear.
My Name: Ivorbigwedge

Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2014 (64)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 800
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: EGS - electronic 6 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I've just bought a 64 plate C3 Picasso Exclusive but can't fathom out what one of the buttons does and it doesn't seem to be covered in the manual.

The button is located on the brushed alloy trim that surrounds the automatic gearshift. With the ignition on if the button is pressed a red light on the button comes on and a beeping noise is emitted until the button is pressed again.

I've attached a photo (I think!)
Citroen C3 001.JPG
Anyone know what it does please?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Ivorbigwedge wrote:I've just bought a 64 plate C3 Picasso Exclusive but can't fathom out what one of the buttons does and it doesn't seem to be covered in the manual.

The button is located on the brushed alloy trim that surrounds the automatic gearshift. With the ignition on if the button is pressed a red light on the button comes on and a beeping noise is emitted until the button is pressed again.

I've attached a photo (I think!)

Anyone know what it does please?
Hi Ivorbigwedge, its not a Citroen part, its an aftermarket part. I can see in the picture you attached that it is quite poorly installed. If you look closely you can see the wires :(

This could be anything, and extra immobiliser, something for the reverse parking sensors, who knows? Its a minefield and you can end up with a non starter if its been installed badly (which I think it is).

Best not to touch it.

unknown switch on C3 Picasso
unknown switch on C3 Picasso
The 2 core black and black with a red tracer is a give away that its not up to Citroen wiring standards ;)
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)
My Name: Ivorbigwedge

Model: C3 2013-2017 Facelift A51
Year: 2014 (64)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 800
Gearbox: EGS - electronic 6 speed

It turns out that this button toggles the front parking sensors on and off. The car only comes with rear sensors as standard but the previous owner specified front sensors as an optional extra and this was fitted by the Citroen main agent who supplied the car.
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Ivorbigwedge wrote:It turns out that this button toggles the front parking sensors on and off. The car only comes with rear sensors as standard but the previous owner specified front sensors as an optional extra and this was fitted by the Citroen main agent who supplied the car.
Thanks for letting us know what it is.

The wiring looks like they got the tea boy to install that one.