Forum    FAQ 
HPI C3 Recalls Parts at MicksGarage.com Get C3 Tyres Use EuroCarParts Discount Code 'C3OWNER' Get a Confused.com insurance quote visit eBay  

Search the C3 Owners forum for:

Forum rules

Only post questions about Petrol Engine related problems, like Starting, Poor Running, Overheating, Engine noises and Fuelling.
Other questions can be asked HERE

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: fault showing but better running? P1327
 Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:11 pm 
Group: Contributor
Contributor

About my C3

Hi, I decided, today, to sort out the slight misfire on the wife's 1.4 C3 (02 plate). Plugged ODB2 machine in and showed fault P1327. Engine light wasn't on though (or so I thought). Seemed a bit suss so ripped the dash apart to check the EML and found that some ****** had put a small piece of insulating tape over the light. Its probably been on for the last 12 months! Anyway, changed the 'plugs as they were horrible and the car now runs FAR better. The EML is still lit though. I've read that this could be a dodgy coil pack but it looked clean enough when I took it off. Wouldn't the car still be running badly off the coil pack was shot? Its now running like a dream. Any ideas please?

Post subject: fault showing but better running? P1327 continues below this advertising post.
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:33 am 
  • User Control Panel
  • Private message

Advertising Post

The topic 'fault showing but better running? P1327' continues below.
  • Delete post
  • Report this post
  • Warn user
  • Information
 Post subject: Re: fault showing but better running?
 Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:53 pm 
Group: Guru
Guru

About my C3

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
Quote:
The EML is still lit though

If your OBD2 can't clear the code and put the MIL out, the car may just do it for you after a number of successful runs with no error. Its built into the car computer that a predefined (by citroen) number of good - i.e. fault code not recorded runs, the computer sees the fault as fixed and clears the light for you. This works for some codes, but I don't know which ones.

Quote:
Any ideas please?

Investigate clearing the code with the OBD2, if it can't then just drive it around for a couple of weeks and see if the light goes out by itself. Only then start diagnosing other causes of a fault, that may not even exist now. :)

Post subject: Re: fault showing but better running?
 Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:23 pm 
Contributor

About my C3

Thanks for the speedy reply! The OBD has the facility to erase faults, which I did. The MIL came back on after about 3 starts.

Post subject: Re: fault showing but better running? P1327
 Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:39 pm 
Guru

About my C3

Year: 2002 (52)
Mileage: 100000
Quote:
The MIL came back on after about 3 starts.

With the same error code?

The trouble with error codes from a generic OBD scanner may not give the specific description for the particular combination of ECU, engine and control systems. I had a quick look at P1327 on a 2002 C3 petrol and it suggests 2 reasons, not so helpful, but this code could be used for different faults depending on the equipment you have in the car.

The P1327 could be

Ignition coil, camshaft position (CMP) sensor - control circuit.

or

Ignition - Integrated Phase detection.

So it could well be a ignition problem, but if its running so well, unlikely anything major. Coil packs and plugs gone bad all cause poor running. Cam sensor, maybe the connections need a clean with some Electrical Contact Cleaner .

It worked for the crank sensor - http://citroenc3owners.com/diesel-c3-tips/c3-1-4-hdi-engine-occasional-missfire-p0129-and-p0339-t332.html

Post Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:21 pm 
Contributor

About my C3

Just to possibly help others, I switched the coil pack today,cleared the fault and its not come back after about 10 engine starts.

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:53 pm 
Guru

About my C3

Year: 2002 (02)
Mileage: 80000
Quote:
Just to possibly help others, I switched the coil pack today,cleared the fault and its not come back after about 10 engine starts.

Thanks for the update!

Does the car run even better now (with the new coil pack), or just as well as it did with the coil pack that gives an error?

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:26 pm 
Contributor

About my C3

It runs about the same but does sound slightly smoother.

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:33 am 
  • User Control Panel
  • Private message

Advertising Post

• Delete post
  • Report this post
  • Warn user
  • Information

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]