Forum    FAQ 
HPI C3 Recalls Parts at MicksGarage.com Get C3 Tyres Use EuroCarParts Discount Code 'C3OWNER' Get a Confused.com insurance quote visit eBay  

Search the C3 Owners forum for:

Forum rules

Only post questions about Petrol Engine related problems, like Starting, Poor Running, Overheating, Engine noises and Fuelling.
Other questions can be asked HERE

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Engine warning light
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:40 pm 
Group: Member

About my C3

Driving to work my wife found the car losing power and noticed the Engine warning light come on. She parked. Waited a few minutes then restarted. Light came on for one/two seconds. She finished her journey. I later picked up the car and drove it 8 miles back home. No fault lights, though I did notice a slight hesitation to accelarate.

Any ideas?
I know I will have to pay £40/55 for a computer diagnosis, but this may not show fault. What could be the fault, a sensor not working? Part coil pack failure? Petrol pump fault?

Another question is if no fault is found, but later "comes back", would the garage charge me again?

Post subject: Engine warning light continues below this advertising post.
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:33 am 
  • User Control Panel
  • Private message

Advertising Post

The topic 'Engine warning light' continues below.
  • Delete post
  • Report this post
  • Warn user
  • Information
 Post subject: Re: Engine warning light
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:27 pm 
Group: Guru
Guru

About my C3

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
Hello alggomas,

As you suggest the fault could be caused by "a sensor not working? Part coil pack failure? Petrol pump fault?" and many other things on top, the list is huge.

If the car is due a service, maybe now is the time to get it done (and let the garage know the light came on previously).

It would be worth getting someone to read the codes from the computer as the first step (or second step if a service is due as reading/clearing the codes should be included in the service) so you can get to the bottom of the problem.

You could speak to your local dealer/trusted citroen repair and ask them about their charging structure for tracking down the reason the fault light came on. Explain that its intermittent and you don't want to keep paying out for them to read the codes, strike a deal. It may be worth trying a few places to get the best deal that suits you.

You could try:
ebeepbeep

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 pm 
Group: Member

About my C3

Thanks for reply.

Car is not due for service for another 6 months.
Only thing I have done is have the RAC change the coil pack as the original one failed after 9months, some 3 months ago and put "exilium petrol" in the tank a couple of days ago.

As you say I have to have a diagnostic done.

Just as a note,
Desira Citroen in Southgate [ London] charge £72.00 + VAT.
Most of the other garages charge around £55. [ Not Citroen]

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:33 am 
  • User Control Panel
  • Private message

Advertising Post

• Delete post
  • Report this post
  • Warn user
  • Information

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]