Will an OBD2 adaptor work with Lexia?

Help with sourcing, buying, installing and using Lexia, Diagbox and OBD2 for a Citroen C3.
Diagbox or Lexia errors, software and hardware problems.
OBD2 Bluetooth and apps, laptops and software.
No car questions here, just the diagnostics equipment
Forum rules
Questions regarding installing and using Lexia, Diagbox or OBD2 for the Citroen C3

No camera photos, please use ONLY SCREENSHOT captures on Lexia or Diagbox

OBD2 may use camera photos.

NO CAR QUESTIONS.
My Name: 55JWB

Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 55000
Trim Level: SX
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

I have found an old laptop with Windows XP on it, I also have a usb CANBUS OBDII connector that I have used with VCDS (Vagcom) in the past, anyone know if I will get a connection and be able to download and use Lexia with my Son's recently purchased 2007 C3 1.4SX ??

many thanks in advance..

Jason
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Hi Jason,
55JWB wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:57 am I have found an old laptop with Windows XP on it,
This is good for lexia, diagbox will also run on windows 7 32bit.
55JWB wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:57 am I also have a usb CANBUS OBDII connector that I have used with VCDS (Vagcom) in the past, anyone know if I will get a connection
Lexia/Diagbox needs the Actia diagbox/lexia hardware, its a specific box for the job, so I doubt you will get a connection to the software and the USB CANBUS OBDII box.
55JWB wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:57 am able to download and use Lexia with my Son's recently purchased 2007 C3 1.4SX ??
Yes, you can download the software but for full functionality you will need the proper box. Although you may get some OBD codes from the generic USB CANBUS OBDII you have, BUT a full lexia/daigbox can do so much more .

The diagbox/actia/lexia box looks like this:
Citroen Lexia Tool
Citroen Lexia Tool

Contributor

I suspected that would be the case, I vaguely remember VCDS suggesting that the cable may work on other vehicles but in a very limited fashion, I just wasn't sure if anyone had already attempted it?

I have replaced keyfob batteries this week without any drama or need for recoding, I am hoping to install an AUX lead for him. After reading several of the threads on here it suggests it may require coding via Lexia to activate?

These guys seem pretty cheap, I just don't know how much I will use it... will be good to look at the fault codes and history if needed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexia-3-PP2000-for-Citroen-Peugeot-Diagnostic-Tool-with-Diagbox-V7-83-Full-Chip

I have previously use the long code helper in VCDS (vagcom) to tweak and adjust settings in VAG cars I have owned. Does Lexia allow you to do anything similar?? it uses the international differences in software to allow changes. things like turn off the seat belt alarm, activate horn blip on locking and unlocking doors and several other little tweaks.

Not familiar yet with what Lexia can do...
My Name: C3CAR

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (02)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 140000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

55JWB wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:06 pm Not familiar yet with what Lexia can do...
Lexia can do what the dealer can do. Its a dealer tool. Diagnostics and configuration. Read and write to all the ECUs in all the citroen cars. Later versions of lexia/diagbox will do later models.
55JWB wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:06 pm I have previously use the long code helper in VCDS (vagcom) to tweak and adjust settings in VAG cars I have owned. Does Lexia allow you to do anything similar?? it uses the international differences in software to allow changes. things like turn off the seat belt alarm, activate horn blip on locking and unlocking doors and several other little tweaks.
I have not done the things you mention, but you can turn the car into a left hand drive, a pluriel, read and activate all the solenoids/motors, look at live data and historical fault codes, add or remove ESP, ABS, air bags and code the radio. Everything but alter engine ECU to BSI coding.

This is a typical screen in lexia for a configuration option.
Lexia option in C3 configuration
Lexia option in C3 configuration

Contributor

Ok,

Lead Installed but not working so obviously needs activating using Lexia/Diagbox

Before I rush out to purchase Lexia and then never use it again, can I ask if someone with Lexia would perhaps consider meeting up to quickly unlock the Aux feature?

Northampton or South Leicestershire area?

Many thanks

Jason