Which Lexia to purchase?

Help with sourcing, buying, installing and using Lexia, Diagbox and OBD2 for a Citroen C3.
Diagbox or Lexia errors, software and hardware problems.
OBD2 Bluetooth and apps, laptops and software.
No car questions here, just the diagnostics equipment
Forum rules
Questions regarding installing and using Lexia, Diagbox or OBD2 for the Citroen C3

No camera photos, please use ONLY SCREENSHOT captures on Lexia or Diagbox

OBD2 may use camera photos.

NO CAR QUESTIONS.
My Name: danieldemain

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2006-2009, Facelift model
Year: 2007 (07)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Desire
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No

Hi
Can someone give me some advice on which Lexia to purchase either Amazon or Ebay and what software ie windows type ie XP or 7/10 to run with the lexis software installed. I have a 2007 Citroen C3 Diesel HDI and 2015 Citroen C3 Picasso. The ABS lights on on the 2007 C3 just purchased sensors all round do I need to reset the BSI after I have fitted the new sensors aint fitted them yet.
Regards Danny
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

danieldemain wrote:Hi
Can someone give me some advice on which Lexia to purchase either Amazon or Ebay and what software ie windows type ie XP or 7/10 to run with the lexis software installed. I have a 2007 Citroen C3 Diesel HDI and 2015 Citroen C3 Picasso. The ABS lights on on the 2007 C3 just purchased sensors all round do I need to reset the BSI after I have fitted the new sensors aint fitted them yet.
Regards Danny
There is a topic that has plenty of lexia information that can answer some of these questions.

Do you want lexia for the Picasso or the C3?
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Top Contributor

Preferably for both but primary for the C3
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

danieldemain wrote:Preferably for both but primary for the C3
You will need a very late version of lexia/diagbox for the Picasso, like this version and its install may need a virtual machine - your laptop will need to be up to the job. But if its just the C3 and older version of lexia will suffice.

The later versions of lexia are backwardly compatible and updates are released to cover the newer models.
My Name: C3driver52

Guru
Year: 2003 (03)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 79984
Trim Level: VTR+
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

danieldemain wrote:The ABS lights on on the 2007 C3 just purchased sensors all round do I need to reset the BSI after I have fitted the new sensors aint fitted them yet.
No, just drive and the fault should clear when the ECU sees good ABS sensor signals.

Top Contributor

Thank you for your replies as always you are a font of knowledge on C3's. :D
My Name: SiriusHardware

Contributor
Year: 2009 (59)
Engine Size: 1.4
Mileage: 75000
Trim Level: Airdream+

Old thread, but the same question needing a 2022 answer. We have two cars needing attention which would justify spending money on this now -

First is 59 reg 1.4 Diesel C3 - our second C3, it came with a fancy aftermarket radio which we don't actually like and we want to put the original manufacturer radio from the previous (07) C3 into the current C3 - as far as I know that requires the VIN to be matched in the radio setup, only achievable by Lexia / Diagbox. The original radio connectors in the present car are intact, whoever fitted the aftermarket radio did it the 'right way' and used adaptor cables rather than just chopping all the wiring, thank God.

Second car is a Peugeot 107 with a badly intermittent wiper control stalk - I understand that in order to replace this with a new or second hand lighting / wiper control assembly we would need to code the new unit onto the car.

If we can tackle these jobs alone, never mind any future problems, the Lexia / Diagbox package will have earned the money spent on it.

As per the original post, my question is what version to buy in mid 2022 based on the cars above and the computers I have available.

Computers available are:
1) 32-bit Windows XP laptops - all run 'Home' I think, not 'Pro'.
2) 64-bit Windows 10 laptops

Unfortunately we skipped Windows 7 so we don't have any machines running that OS. I gather Lexia / Diagbox isn't too Win 10 friendly.

What we are probably looking for is the version which will run on Win XP Home 32-bit but is able to work with 09 / 59 reg cars.

Does it exist?
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

You can install a virtual environment on your windows 10 machines to provide any version of windows you need to run the version of lexia/diagbox you want.

More info: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/setup- ... indows-10/

As for fixing the Pug stalks (assuming they are like the Citroen C3), if you get the same model year stalks you shouldn't have any issues. No coding required. You can run into difficulty if you fit stalks from a different year or make that needs different software in the car to communicate with them.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Hi Arfur - surprised you say that, about there being no need to code the wiper / stalk box on the 107 and also implying the same about the C3, I was pretty sure the 'stalk box' around the steering wheel column was one of various ECUs dotted around the C3. On our 07 C3 the headlights became increasingly independent, eventually just turning themselves on whenever they felt like it, but looking around I got the impression the stalk boxes were specific (ie, coded) to the cars.

I don't really want to go down the road of running multiple or virtual OSes on an otherwise clean Windows machine for the benefit of one piece of software which will only be used quite rarely, so I'm aiming for a version which will run natively on 32-bit XP but still support 09/59 cars. Is that a possibility?

Contributor

Further to the previous questions, has anyone bought Lexia / Diagbox or any other car diagnostic tools from this seller?

https://tools4car.co.uk

Good experience? Bad experience?