LEXIA will only find the engine and gearbox ECUs.

Help with sourcing, buying, installing and using Lexia, Diagbox and OBD2 for a Citroen C3.
Diagbox or Lexia errors, software and hardware problems.
OBD2 Bluetooth and apps, laptops and software.
No car questions here, just the diagnostics equipment
Forum rules
Questions regarding installing and using Lexia, Diagbox or OBD2 for the Citroen C3

No camera photos, please use ONLY SCREENSHOT captures on Lexia or Diagbox

OBD2 may use camera photos.

NO CAR QUESTIONS.
My Name: Ozvtr

Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 (8v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 80000
Trim Level: Other
Gearbox: Automatic PRND
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD
Engine name: TU3 (75 PS)

Having to fix up two sad C3s as a project, I have dipped my toes into the troubled water that is LEXIA. I won’t bother you with the troubles installing the software but it “sort of works”. I have tried it on two 2003 C3s with 1.4I petrol engines and AL4 gearboxes and a 2004 1.6I petrol C2 with a piloted manual gearbox and the results are the same. The LEXIA will only find the engine and gearbox ECUs. Global test results in no dialogue with any other ECUs. The other thing is it will not automatically detect the cars’ VIN and details, consequently there are a raft of ECUs displayed that are not relevant. I have to manually enter the VIN and RPO.
The thing that bugs me is the LEXIA works perfectly on the engine and gearbox ECUs. I have run actuator tests and cleared faults on both and tracked down several faults in the engine. The only clue that I have is that I only get relay clicking from the LEXIA when initially polling the cars system and when the engine and gearbox ECUs are polled during global tests.
I have tried Diagbox and the LEXIA program with the same results. Yes I know Diagbox is just a front end for LEXIA anyway. I even ran Peugeot Planet and told it the car was a 207 (I think I tried a 207). Guess what the results were?
I am more of a hardware man than a software man so I have replaced the two ULN2003A relay drivers but no joy. Next is to replace the 74HC595 shift registers. I ordered some of those but they stuffed up the package style, so I am still waiting. I am not prepared to replace the 12 relays but the odds are that at least MOST should work. I don’t know how many relays are used to multiplex all the ECUs in the car. I assume if most of the relays are working, then I should get most if the ECUs (famous last words).
Oh, the hardware is a Chinese knock off (of course) and it is an early revision, not a “full chip” version. I am assuming the early revision should be compatible with the earlier cars(?).
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Ozvtr wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 am The LEXIA will only find the engine and gearbox ECUs.
Probably software. Reinstall lexia, better still install Diagbox and you get the latest version of lexia software installed with it. A 'sort of working lexia' probably won't talk to the cars fully.
Ozvtr wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 am The only clue that I have is that I only get relay clicking from the LEXIA when initially polling the cars system and when the engine and gearbox ECUs are polled during global tests.
The interface clicks its relays when it talks to the car, particularly when it is trying to work out which car it is communicating with (going through the options).
Ozvtr wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 am Oh, the hardware is a Chinese knock off (of course) and it is an early revision, not a “full chip” version. I am assuming the early revision should be compatible with the earlier cars(?).
An early one will do 2002, from 2006 you would be looking to diagbox. Then the full chip later versions for 2009+

But the late ones do early and late, so don't mess around. Get a cheap lexia box and install diagbox no need to do all the updates if you only need early car access.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)