Bought a Lexia 3, which computer spec

Help with sourcing, buying, installing and using Lexia, Diagbox and OBD2 for a Citroen C3.
Diagbox or Lexia errors, software and hardware problems.
OBD2 Bluetooth and apps, laptops and software.
No car questions here, just the diagnostics equipment
Forum rules
Questions regarding installing and using Lexia, Diagbox or OBD2 for the Citroen C3

No camera photos, please use ONLY SCREENSHOT captures on Lexia or Diagbox

OBD2 may use camera photos.

NO CAR QUESTIONS.
My Name: Outbound1

Top Contributor
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.4 i
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 39000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)

Hi all and a very happy Christmas.
I have just purchased a lexia 3 from China. I am looking for a cheap second hand computer on ebay just to run the lexia on. Now this is where I am confused not being totally up on the internal workings of a computer. I would assume that the requirements are for the lowest it can take. The requirements are for a Celoron/ Pentium 3, 400MHZ, 32 Bit. I am going to get one with Windows XP, but that's the only one I know. Any help would be useful from anyone who has bought one as I will have enough trouble setting it up let alone having the wrong spec computer.
Thanks, Jeff
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Outbound1 wrote:Hi all and a very happy Christmas.
I have just purchased a lexia 3 from China. I am looking for a cheap second hand computer on ebay just to run the lexia on. Now this is where I am confused not being totally up on the internal workings of a computer. I would assume that the requirements are for the lowest it can take. The requirements are for a Celoron/ Pentium 3, 400MHZ, 32 Bit. I am going to get one with Windows XP, but that's the only one I know. Any help would be useful from anyone who has bought one as I will have enough trouble setting it up let alone having the wrong spec computer.
Thanks, Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Any intel based laptop with at least one USB port will work. The spec you listed above will be fine, but faster processors and more RAM make the thing boot and run quicker. Newer laptops can have better batteries and lower power drain which can help with batteries. Windows XP can be installed on to most laptops and there are work-arounds for running lexia on windows 7 etc if its needed.

Laptops that had XP pre-installed had faster than 300MHZ processors, so have a look this list on ebay at around the £60 mark and you won't go far wrong with a fully working and at least 1 usb, intel based laptop. If you scroll down further you can get even cheaper and lower spec laptops that will still do the job, but they are older and a fair bit slower.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Top Contributor

Hi Arfur, Thanks for your help again. Just bought one off of eBay. It is a Dell, Hard Drive 80Gb, 1.66GHZ InteL Pentium M processor with XP professional, I hope it will be OK. I will only use it with the Lexia 3. I hope that I might be able to sort the central locking fault with the actuator test. At least then I can see if it is a relay on the BSI. The doors, I managed to get open, but th car is now permanently unlocked. Thanks again for your help, Jeff
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 100000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Outbound1 wrote:It is a Dell, Hard Drive 80Gb, 1.66GHZ InteL Pentium M processor with XP professional, I hope it will be OK
I am sure it will be fine. You have a good processor and plenty of hard drive space to store lexia.
Outbound1 wrote:. I hope that I might be able to sort the central locking fault with the actuator test. At least then I can see if it is a relay on the BSI. The doors, I managed to get open, but th car is now permanently unlocked.
Yes, if you have the patience to learn lexia its possible to do all the tests the dealer can do.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Top Contributor

Thanks again Arfur. I look forward to trying it out.