Model: C3 2017-on. The new C3
Year: 2018 (18)
Engine Size: 1.2
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 1700
Trim Level: Feel
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: No
Left or Right Hand Drive (LHD/RHD): RHD (UK)
Engine name: PureTech (82 PS)

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Hello all.

My post should be of benefit to prospective purchasers. My car is a C3 Puretech 82 ''Feel'', 29/05/2018 and now with almost 1700 miles on the clock, Almond Green/Black roof, Charcoal int.

I chose not to take the optional ''paintguard'' finish so my first job was to lay on 3 coats of carnauba wax. As you can imagine this required a certain amount of physical effort. Imagine my horror when I noticed a couple of days later, dents on the roof where I had rested my arms while reaching over to polish the roof. A couple of dents slighter smaller than a golf ball but actually on the crease lines in the roof. I guess when it comes time to part it will be a job for the dent man. My only real disappointment with the car though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You either like the funky looks or you don't, so 'nuff said there. I've done a couple of shopping trips to Belgium 450 miles round trip, but the car is otherwise used locally so I do feel qualified to pass comment. I was concerned at all the road test reports I'd read that these cars lack power to keep up with current traffic. Well I have to say that is rubbish. The car is very nippy up through the gears, so much so that I have taken to using the speed limiter when I'm local or in a town. Driven by my normal standards I find the car goes straight up to about 35-40 if you're not keeping a tab on things. On the motorway I set the cruise to 70 and it holds this up and down hills all day long. Yesterday I was on the gridlocked M25, it had no trouble keeping up with the manic stop/start routine, and was straight up to 70 when the road cleared.

Performance is more than adequate but the fuel economy takes a bit of getting used to. I've not yet achieved the advertised fuel consumption figures. I've always been used to bigger engine cars incl autos which have an optimum cruise/economy speed of around 70. If you push the C3 you'll hammer the economy. Having said that it seems to be improving with time. A reasonable average at 70 is about 54MPG. Take the scenic route on an 'A' road and you can do 60MPG. The My Citroen app is a fantastic tool when bluetoothed between your smartphone and car. It prompts you to enter the cost of fuel when you fill up and calculates the cost of each journey and its MPG.

The interior of the car is roomy and comfortable in the front once you've shoehorned yourself through the doors. Not much space though for the back seat passengers but it is classed as a ''Supermini''. Luggage space is supposedly class leading. I came back from Belgium with 16 cases of wine,and coats and bits, all in the boot. Luggage had to go on the back seat. The weight does not affect the ride height or handling. The design of the interior could do with a little more imagination to create more locker space. There is a distinct lack of cubby holes. One major gripe I have is the blindspots at the bottom of the windscreen pillars. On the passenger side there is virtually no vision between the front of the pillar and the back edge of the quarterlight. The only way to have adequate vision at a junction or even on some bends is to shuffle about in your seat. It probably does not help that I have the driver's seat right back. Nevertheless for me it is an issue.

The ride errs more on the side of comfort but it is not a sports car, so no complaints from me.

One thing I do find remarkable is the level of technology incorporated into a car of this class. Things like lane assist, tyre pressure monitors, full Bluetooth phone connection, speed sign recognition, plus loads more, too much to list and if I did I would forget something. Look up the spec on the Citroen site.

the car comes with 3 years warranty and 1 year full European breakdown assistance.

Hope this info helps someone to make an informed decision about their next purchase.
C3driver52
Guru
Guru

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Paul wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm
Hello all.

My post should be of benefit to prospective purchasers. My car is a C3 Puretech 82 ''Feel'', 29/05/2018 and now with almost 1700 miles on the clock, Almond Green/Black roof, Charcoal int.

I chose not to take the optional ''paintguard'' finish so my first job was to lay on 3 coats of carnauba wax. As you can imagine this required a certain amount of physical effort. Imagine my horror when I noticed a couple of days later, dents on the roof where I had rested my arms while reaching over to polish the roof. A couple of dents slighter smaller than a golf ball but actually on the crease lines in the roof. I guess when it comes time to part it will be a job for the dent man. My only real disappointment with the car though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You either like the funky looks or you don't, so 'nuff said there. I've done a couple of shopping trips to Belgium 450 miles round trip, but the car is otherwise used locally so I do feel qualified to pass comment. I was concerned at all the road test reports I'd read that these cars lack power to keep up with current traffic. Well I have to say that is rubbish. The car is very nippy up through the gears, so much so that I have taken to using the speed limiter when I'm local or in a town. Driven by my normal standards I find the car goes straight up to about 35-40 if you're not keeping a tab on things. On the motorway I set the cruise to 70 and it holds this up and down hills all day long. Yesterday I was on the gridlocked M25, it had no trouble keeping up with the manic stop/start routine, and was straight up to 70 when the road cleared.

Performance is more than adequate but the fuel economy takes a bit of getting used to. I've not yet achieved the advertised fuel consumption figures. I've always been used to bigger engine cars incl autos which have an optimum cruise/economy speed of around 70. If you push the C3 you'll hammer the economy. Having said that it seems to be improving with time. A reasonable average at 70 is about 54MPG. Take the scenic route on an 'A' road and you can do 60MPG. The My Citroen app is a fantastic tool when bluetoothed between your smartphone and car. It prompts you to enter the cost of fuel when you fill up and calculates the cost of each journey and its MPG.

The interior of the car is roomy and comfortable in the front once you've shoehorned yourself through the doors. Not much space though for the back seat passengers but it is classed as a ''Supermini''. Luggage space is supposedly class leading. I came back from Belgium with 16 cases of wine,and coats and bits, all in the boot. Luggage had to go on the back seat. The weight does not affect the ride height or handling. The design of the interior could do with a little more imagination to create more locker space. There is a distinct lack of cubby holes. One major gripe I have is the blindspots at the bottom of the windscreen pillars. On the passenger side there is virtually no vision between the front of the pillar and the back edge of the quarterlight. The only way to have adequate vision at a junction or even on some bends is to shuffle about in your seat. It probably does not help that I have the driver's seat right back. Nevertheless for me it is an issue.

The ride errs more on the side of comfort but it is not a sports car, so no complaints from me.

One thing I do find remarkable is the level of technology incorporated into a car of this class. Things like lane assist, tyre pressure monitors, full Bluetooth phone connection, speed sign recognition, plus loads more, too much to list and if I did I would forget something. Look up the spec on the Citroen site.

the car comes with 3 years warranty and 1 year full European breakdown assistance.

Hope this info helps someone to make an informed decision about their next purchase.

Great review. It is interesting to hear about the good things that the C3 has. I guess the thin roof it a weight saving attempt.

Thanks for posting it :)