Near Side mirror not folding and rotten rubbers,,

Help and assistance for when you are looking to buy a Citroen C3
(Citroen C3 for sale)
Forum rules
Buying a Citroen C3?
Do you have some questions for C3 owners or would like some pre-purchase advice?
Ask your buying a Citroen C3 questions here :)
My Name: Stevek

Contributor
Model: C3 Picasso
Year: 2013 (13)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Mileage: 93000
Trim Level: Exclusive
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
DPF: Yes
LHD or RHD: RHD (UK)
Engine name: BlueHDi (100 PS)

First apologies for not replying to an earlier question about AdBlue,,try as I might I don't seem to be able to respond!
Maybe better luck with this thread,,were still looking at cars, this morning looked at a 2013 Exclusive, but noticed that whilst the car auto locked and the drivers mirror folded away, the passenger one doesn't move,,it does however fold back with just a gentle push and seems just fine though I didn't try the electric adjustment to see if that bit worked,,,is it likely that the car could have just a drivers side electric folding mirror?
Also noticed that the lower windscreen rubber is brittle and cracked, is this just a decorative cover?
And finally, under the bonnet next to the hinges are thick rubber pads, well one is missing whilst the other is disintegrating into lumps of gooey rubber, are these something that needs to be in place,,can you get them?
Many thanks in advance,
Steve.
My Name: Arfur Dent

Guru
Model: C3 2002-2005, Original shape model
Year: 2002 (52)
Engine Size: 1.4 (16v)
Mileage: 100000
DPF: No
Engine name: DV4 16-valve diesel (90 PS)

Stevek wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:46 pm this morning looked at a 2013 Exclusive, but noticed that whilst the car auto locked and the drivers mirror folded away, the passenger one doesn't move,,it does however fold back with just a gentle push and seems just fine though I didn't try the electric adjustment to see if that bit worked,,,is it likely that the car could have just a drivers side electric folding mirror?
Hi

You probably have a car that came with two folding mirrors (exclusive) and one got changed to the basic version or is just busted.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

Many thanks for the reply Arfur,,well I wonder, like you say could be busted or replaced with a non self folding jobbie,,,in your experience would an Electric folding mirror still fold easily, no great effort required and seemingly behave just like a manual one?

Guru

Stevek wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:09 pm Many thanks for the reply Arfur,,well I wonder, like you say could be busted or replaced with a non self folding jobbie,,,in your experience would an Electric folding mirror still fold easily, no great effort required and seemingly behave just like a manual one?
Just try to move the one on the other side manually to see if it feels the same.
You can add an avatar to your account - Avatar or change your vehicle details - Car Bio or even add a signature to your posts - Signature. But this is not all you can do in the User Control Panel :)

Contributor

I suppose even electric folding ones are made so that they can be knocked back,,we've never had them before,,,all in all I don't think I will do too much about it just in case I end up breaking it! What I will do however is to check that the rear view adjustment is working.
Many thanks,
Steve.

Guru

The electric ones are electrically adjustable and some have electronic fold back.

It doesn't affect the common feature of the self preservation response when challenging a shopping trolley.

They all have a very manual override.

Contributor