Just bought a C3, do I need to tell DVLA?

Help and assistance when you are looking to buy a Citroen C3
Forum rules
Buying a Citroen C3?
Do you have questions for C3 owners, or would you like pre-purchase advice?
Ask your buying a Citroen C3 questions here :)
User avatar
My Name: Citroen-Driver

C3 Master
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:10 am
Model: C3 Pluriel - with or without roof
Year: 2003 (53)
Engine Size: 1.6 (16v)
Fuel Type: Petrol
Mileage: 90000
Trim Level: VTR+
Gearbox: Manual 5 speed
Engine name: ET3 16-valve (90 PS)
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 40 times


Just bought a Citroen C3 do I need to tax it with DVLA?
Just bought a Citroen C3 do I need to tax it with DVLA?

If you have just bought a Citroen C3 and you live in the UK, then you have to tax the vehicle with DVLA.

Even if the seller says the car is taxed, it won't be. As soon as the car is sold and passes to you the tax expires. You need to pay the VED (car tax) as soon as you buy your Citroen C3, or, if you are not going to use it on the road, then declare the vehicle as SORN - Statuary off-road notification.

You can pay the DVLA tax online, Tax your vehicle, using your new keeper green slip to complete the online transaction.

Even if no money changes hands between the buyer and the seller the Citroen C3 will not be taxed. As soon as the ownership changes, the tax expires as will need to be renewed.

SORN can be useful for project cars that will not be driven on the road and kept off the road while it it worked on. You can declare the Citroen C3 SORN online Register your vehicle as off the road (SORN).

Return to “Buying a Citroen C3?”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [crawler] and 0 guests