- Citroen C-3 Air concept car
- citroen_c-3_air_concept_car.webp (34.18 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Citroen C-3 Air concept car 1998 became the Pluriel
- Citroen C-3 Air concept car rear
- citroen_c-3_air_concept_car_rear.webp (21.68 KiB) Viewed 251 times
As the new millennium loomed, Citroen design engineers were told to design exciting cars aimed at the younger and more active generation of car buyers.
Two concept cars made it to a prototype exhibited at the car shows (1998/1999). The C-3 Air concept was an open-top, flexible platform that the owner could transform into different styles by adding or removing body parts. This evolved into the removable and convertible Citroen C3 Pluriel
The other prototype with similar design cues to the C-3 Air is the Lumiere
which later became the Citroen C3.
Wheels and Tyres
The C-3 Air was fitted with PAX run-flat tyres introduced by Michelin in 1997. These particular run-flat tyres can support speeds up to 50Mph and around 125 miles when deflated. A supporting insert within the tyre with unique wheels holds the tyre's shape after deflation. The PAX run-flat system negates the need for a spare tyre, saving space in the boot and is essential for the C-3 Air design.
- C-3 Air centre console
- c-3_air_concept_prototype_centre_console.webp (16.8 KiB) Viewed 244 times
- C-3 Air Steering Wheel
- c-3_air_concept_prototype_steering_wheel.webp (25.19 KiB) Viewed 244 times